We are a service provider that provides supports to participants on the NDIS
Check out our full-service area.
– Care for Living provides NDIS supports and services that are culturally respectful and recognises the diversity and choice of each individual and their families.
– Care for Living is committed to person-centred approaches and recognises that people with disability are the key decision makers in determining their supports and actively participate in decision making about the planning, implementation and review of all the supports they receive.
– Care for Living is responsive to each participants’ needs and aim to promote independence and maximise community participation through providing culturally appropriate and flexible services reflecting the participants preferences, changing circumstances and needs.
– Care for Living believe that the supports and services they deliver to their participants must be of the highest standard and they must continually review and improve their policies and procedures against the National Disability Practice Standards. This provides clarity to participants about what they can expect from Freedom Support Coordination’s
Care for Living
Established in 2019, Care for Living commenced operation with Sarah and Adrian Southurst who harnessed their background and qualifications in paramedic and nursing careers to develop an NDIS service that would provide person centred, safe services for participants requiring support.
Providing everyday supports to all participants, Adrian and Sarah are registered to provide high intensity supports that ensures those participants who are high needs are able to also effectively be supported in accessing services.
Care for Living is committed to the ethos, principles and practices of the NDIS Quality Standards to safeguard participants and provide high quality services.
Part of being a person is about helping others.
– Regis Murayi
At Care for Living we take time to listen to what areas you need support in. We pay attention to detail and respect your rights and privacy. We like to take time to get to know your specific situation and work with you about how you can get the best out of your NDIS plan. We can assist in areas such as, but not limited to;
- Assistance with daily personal activities
- Assistance with travel/transport arrangements
- Specialist positive behaviour support
- Support Coordination – managing life stages, transitions, and supports
- Household tasks – cleaning, garden, and yard maintenance
- Participation in community, social and civic activities
- High intensity daily personal activities
Support Workers …
- Our support workers are genuine friendly people that are qualified and skilled. Our support workers are screened and background checked.
- Care for Living Support Workers work hours that are tailored to suit the participants needs
- Primary responsibility of this role will be to support people living with a disability. This can involve manual handling, community access, transportation, personal care and companionship.
- Assistance with clients daily living (including personal care)
- Assisting clients with community access and transport
- Maintaining and monitoring person-centered plans
- Following individual support plans and behavior support plans where required
- Documentation and progress note keeping
- Comply with the NDIS code of conduct
Our Vision and Mission
We are a holistic service provider tailoring personal care, implementing individual supports, home care and social engagement in the wider community for our NDIS participants. We aim to promote independence and inclusion while supporting our NDIS participant and their families as well as our employees.
Is to provide services to each person structured around the individual’s needs and requirements to promote and encourage independence and inclusion in all environments. To utilise qualified employees and their experiences and implement our vision reflecting our values. To ensure that lines of communication are open to keep building a better outcome for our NDIS participant, their families and our staff.
Acknowledgement of Country
Care for Living would like to acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we gather today, and pay our respects to their Elders past, present and emerging. We extend that respect to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples here today.
In the spirit of reconciliation Care for Living acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea, and community. We pay our respects to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today.
Get In Touch
To find out how we can help you, for you to provide feedback or to gain employment.